Welcome to K-State's Open Option program! With Open Option, you get personalized support as you discover your major. Whether you’re a current student, new to college, or transferring to K-State, our advisors work one-on-one with you as you make your transition. Students generally spend between one semester and two years working with their advisor to find the right path.
Open Option may be right for you if you:
- are interested in more than one specific major or career path.
- have many interests to explore.
- want to change majors.
- are preparing to apply for a specific major or program, such as engineering, architecture or interior design.
- want a supportive relationship with an advisor who can help you stay on track while exploring programs.
Open Option helps you choose a major as you:
- select an interest-based Open Option Track to discover majors in any of K-State's colleges.
- work with an advisor who is knowledgeable about all colleges, majors and programs at K-State.
- receive one-on-one advising sessions during enrollment periods and whenever needed.
- navigate university structures and policies with individual support from your advisor.
- explore all your major and career interests without changing advisors.
Current advisees may schedule an appointment through the Student Success Center or email your academic advisor if the Navigate portal does not work.
Open Option Tracks
Courage to Explore | Power to Choose
Who is your advisor?
Be sure to check your KSIS account for information about which advisor is assigned to you.*
We look forward to meeting you!
*If you are not currently an Open Option student, please contact the Arts and Sciences Deans' Office at 785-532-6904 or email@example.com to be connected with an advisor.