The student-directed summit will provide a half- or full-day platform early in the fall semester for students (mainly freshmen, sophomore, and transfer students) to learn about the diversity groups on campus, issues regarding diversity, and meet with student organizations, support program coordinators, faculty, and staff. This forum may include guest speakers, activities, entertainment, discussions, workshops, or other.
- Increase the numbers of retained minority students in all fields
- Increase the number of recruited minority students in all fields
- Decrease the number of minority students under probation/warning status
- Increase the number of first generation college/graduate students
- Make available resources for academic, financial, and moral support to minority students
Previous Student-Directed Summits
- Diversity Summit with Former NFL player, Kevin Lockett, Sept. 19, 2009