The Buildings of ArtSci: Nichols Hall
At the beginning of the twentieth century it was appropriate to design buildings used by ROTC, as Nichols was, to resemble a medieval fortress. Called "The Castle," Nichols burned in the 1960's and was beautifully rebuilt in 1985. The mural in the lobby is dedicated to the students who worked to preserve the building.
Nichols was once the home of KSAC, K-State's public radio station (now KSDB, housed in the Student Union). The radio towers (1924) to the west are national historical monuments.